At the Apple Orchard

At the Apple Orchard

August 14th 2007

August 14th 2007
Welcome to our blog! Dave and I were married August 14th 2007 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. I can't speak for Dave, but I love being married! ~I am pretty sure he does too. :) It is so great to have someone to share my life with. We have so much fun together. We love traveling and spending time with our family and friends. Here is a little bit more about us...
Dave served a 2 year religious mission in the Dominican Republic. He then graduated from the University of Utah with a degree in business finance while also completing his pre-medical requirements. He attended Creighton University school of medicine. He started in the fall of 2009. He is now a resident in dermatology and internal medicine at University of Wisconsin hospitals.
I graduated from the University of Utah in Elementary Education. I taught 2nd grade at Bancroft Elementary. Bancroft is a great school and I loved working with everyone there. When Cole was born I decided to stay at home with him. I am loving every minute of my time with him.
We have made so many great friends in Omaha and in Madison. But we still love and miss our family and friends in Utah! We hope this blog will help them feel connected to us, even if we aren't around as much as we'd like to be. Enjoy!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

SUMMER!!!



I love the summer season. It is AMAZING. This summer has been particularly great by the way. :) This week has been a week full of beautiful hikes. On Monday Dave and I hiked up to Donut Falls... we forgot the camera, but it was gorgeous.



Tuesday we hiked to Lake Blanche and the two lakes near it. I really think this hike is one of the most beautiful hikes I have ever been on.

It is pretty long, AND I almost died before reaching the lakes, lol, but it was so worth it. Plus when it’s hard it makes it that much more rewarding when you finally get to the top!




This hike is just off the “S” curve in Big Cottonwood Canyon.

Thursday Dave, Megan and I hiked around Solitude and Brighton Ski resorts. We went to Lake Solitude and Silver Lake.
It is so amazing up in the mountains. We are going to miss the mountains in flat Nebraska!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I am so Jealous of your summer thus far! I would love to go hiking it looks beautiful! We need to do something before you take off!

Brooke and Jonny said...

I am loving this hike! You guys should go again with us so we know where to go! How are your battle wounds healing????